The Circle of Influence
Which circles are you going to invest your time and energy into going forward in your life?
This is a fantastic tool that will help you in so many situations, specially when it comes to managing how you think. Master Coach Debra Russell explains the Circle of Influence in this video.
7 Things to Think About…
keys to manage how you think
- Just notice your thoughts. What are they about? Are the helpful? How do they make you feel?
- Always ask yourself: “Is this thought I’m thinking actually true?”.
- Feeling irritated? Try to take a sip of water or a snack. My hypnotherapist recommended me this and it has helped me steer clear of unhelpful thinking.
- Is this an actual limit? What is holding me back from moving forward? (remember if you fight for your limitations you get to keep them).
- Would you talk to a friend the way you talk to yourself? If the answer is no, that might be something you want to explore.
- If you’re at a complete loss try this sentence (you can use it as a prayer too) “Please let me see this differently”.
- Are you asking yourself the right questions? Instead of “why is he such a jerk?” what would happen if you asked yourself “why am I doing to constantly attract jerks?”.
How Life Coaching Can Help
Do you have a feeling that you’re not quite in the right place and that you’re not quite living the life you’re meant to? Then life coaching is for you.
Being committed to manage how you think and being better every day takes hard work. It’s not comfortable, you’re going to have to feel through the growing pain but on the other side of that is where the magic happens. Once you become aware of your thoughts and patterns (patterns that by the way were created when you were a child to make you feel safe and secure and are most likely no longer serving you as an adult), once you identify those that are now actively holding you back, we can get to work and start working towards something great together… Let’s talk.